Before connecting to the CUIT shared drives from an off-campus location, you must first connect to the CUIT VPN. Instructions to install and connect to the VPN are available here.
When connecting to the VPN, there is a box that will be called either "second password" or "Duo action" -- this box specifies how you would like to receive your Duo notification. If you use the Duo app and receive push notifications, please enter the word push in this box; if you receive a phone call, please enter phone in this box.
Once you have installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and connected to the CUIT VPN server, you will be able connect to the M and S drives using the below instructions:
- Please download and run the attachment at the bottom of this page named "M_and_S_drives.bat" and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Certain versions of Windows may warn you about this unrecognized application with a screen similar to the one below. If so, please click "more info" then "run anyway":
- You will be prompted to type your UNI, then press enter.
- You will then be prompted to type your UNI password then press enter. Please note that your UNI password will not be displayed as you type -- this is a security measure. Your password is being entered as you type. If you mis-type your password, you may close and re-run this utility as often as necessary.
- After running the utility, please verify that the M and S drives are now available on your PC in File Explorer
- If you find that the M or S drives have disappeared when waking your computer from sleep, you may re-run this utility in order to reconnect.
- Please note: it can take between 30 seconds and 1 minute for the content of the shared drives to be listed in File Explorer. Once they have been listed initially, they should load at normal speeds.