CUIT and A&S shared drives (e.g., J:, X:, S:, H:,) are fully accessible from off-campus locations using the CUIT VPN.
- If you have not already done so, download, install, and connect to the CUIT VPN as described here:
You will only be able to connect to these drives AFTER you have successfully connected to the VPN
- Determine which drive you need to connect to. The server address of the most common drives are as listed below:
J drive: smb://asfsprod01.adcu.columbia.edu/DEPT
X drive: smb://asfsprod01.adcu.columbia.edu/EVP
G drive: smb://c-usr.ais.columbia.edu/users/First_Letter_of_UNI/UNI (ex: smb://c-usr.ais.columbia.edu/users/m/mjs2348)
H drive: smb://c-gp2.ais.columbia.edu/grp2
S drive: smb://c-gp2.ais.columbia.edu/grp3
- Open a Finder window -- i.e.., this icon:
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click "Go", then "Connect to Server":
- In the "Connect to Server" window, copy and paste your desired server address from (2) into the text box (J drive address is used in the below example):
You may click the + button to save this address, and have a list of multiple servers that you use frequently.
- Be sure that the server address you desire is in the text box, then click "Connect"
(Some versions of MacOS (Mojave, Catalina) will ask you to confirm by clicking "Connect" again -- shown below:)
- When prompted to login, your username will be:
ADCU\UNI (ex: ADCU\mjs2348 -- you must include the ADCU\ before your UNI)
Your password will be your current UNI password
You may choose to tick "remember this password in my keychain" to save this password for future use.
Click "Connect" to connect to the shared drive.
- If you authenticated successfully, your drive will open.
Please Note: You must be connected to the VPN to access these drives. If you are disconnected from the VPN, you will be disconnected from the drives.
If you do not receive a logon prompt and receive an error prior to being prompted for credentials, please ensure that you are connected to the VPN.