NOTE: You must be on-campus and connected to either Columbia University/Columbia U Secure WiFi or via campus Ethernet in order to install and use the MESAAS Ricoh copier/printer
- Download and the Ricoh MP7503 driver for your version of MacOS: http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/mp6503/mp6503.htm
- Open the downloaded file then run the installer and follow the prompts:
- To install the printer, open System Preferences (click the Apple logo in the top-left corner of the screen, then System Preferences), then open "Printers & Scanners:
- Click + to add a new printer:
- On the “Add Printer” screen, click the globe icon at the top of the screen (on older versions of MacOS, this will be labeled IP):
- Select AirPrint from the drop-down box next to “Protocol”, then enter 10.60.88.20 in the “Address” box:
It may take a moment for the “Use” box to display “AirPrint” after typing the IP address. Once it displays “AirPrint”, click “Add” to add the printer to your Mac.
- Download the driver installer from the manufacturer on the following page -- choose the "PCL 6" driver:
- Run the downloaded executable file and select a location to extract the installer files using the "browse" button (your Downloads folder is a good choice):
- Run the "RV_SETUP.exe" application that was created in the folder that you selected in step (2)
- Agree to the terms of service then click "Next"
- Choose "Network" then click "Next":
- Click the button for "click if you cannot find the device":
- Choose "Specify a device IP address" then click "Next":
- Enter 10.60.88.20 then click "Search". You should see "MP 7503" listed in the box -- select that device and click "Next"
- The printer has been added and named "RICOH MP 7503 PCL 6". You may click "finish" to end the installation.